Deadline: July 12, 2016
The Thomson Reuters Foundation, in partnership with the Stanley Foundation and Gerda Henkel Stiftung, is launching a new programme; Uncovering Security: Emerging Threats; which will support journalists to uncover emerging threats in specific communities, countries or regions worldwide, and bring these stories to a wide audience.
- A three-day residential story lab (October 19 – October 22, 2016) taking place near London that will bring together journalists, security researchers, and experts to share insight on emerging security situations and explore or refine story ideas( costs of participation are covered by the programme).
- The opportunity to apply for small grants to cover the cost of reporting stories.
- Access to experienced journalists who have covered security stories all over the world, who can provide advice and editorial guidance
- Support with pitching stories to international publication platforms if needed.
- Journalists working for media outlets in the developing world, or the USA, Canada or Germany
- At least three years’ experience in journalism
- Experience covering security situations would be an advantage
- Journalists working in any medium, or multiple media
- Must be fluent in English
For application process, click Here
For more global opportunities, click Here
For other local opportunities, click Here