Deadline: September 30, 2016
From September 1st entries are now being accepted for #UN4U Asia-Pacific Video Contest 2016. The contest is conducted to mark UN DAY 2016 on October 24. Submissions for the contest must be based on one or more of the seven key themes of the UN in the Asia-Pacific region towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. The themes are as follows:
- Education 2030
- Resource Efficient Growth
- Sustainable Societies
- Better Data
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Gender Inequality
- Poverty Eradication and Inclusion
- This contest is open to anyone aged 18 years and older by the contest closing date of 30 September 2016, who is a resident of an Asia-Pacific country as defined by ESCAP membership.
- The staff category is open to UN staff and their dependents (spouse/partner, children), working or residing in the Asia-Pacific region as defined above, including interns, consultants, and fellows.
- There is no entry fee of any kind.
- Video submissions must be original, unpublished work by the contestant and cannot infringe upon any copyright laws. The contestant must be the sole author of all entries and hold full rights to them. Videos that have won awards in other competitions are not eligible to enter.
- By entering the contest, video submitters are deemed to have agreed to the use of their videos in UN promotional material.
- The organizers reserve the right to remove and disqualify submitted videos which may cause offence or may be unsuitable or inappropriate for this contest.
- The contestant must have received permission from the subject(s) used in the video. Videos that violate the rights of those depicted or put people at risk will not be considered by the judges.
- No responsibility can be taken by the organizers for entries that are incorrectly or incompletely submitted.
- The contest is open from 9:00am Bangkok local time, Thursday, 1 September 2016 through 11:59pm Bangkok local time, Friday, 30 September 2016. Entries submitted after this time will not be eligible.
- No more than three videos may be submitted by any one person.
- All videos must be uploaded to YouTube and accompanied by a description of the theme chosen, shooting location and hashtags #UN4U #AsiaPacific.
- Video entries must not exceed 20 seconds in length.
Prize: Winners will win prizes of up to USD $350.
Due to the large volume of entries anticipated, only winners will be contacted. The results will be announced on 24 October 2016 on the official website of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific